At AO Legion-Autodata (hereafter “MotorData”) we recognize and respect the importance of protecting individuals’ privacy. Data-privacy laws protect the integrity of personally identifying information (“Personal Information”) that is transferred from a country of your residence.
Information Collection and Use
Types of Information We Might Collect. MotorData may:
- Collect information provided by you as your personal data in connection with registering yourself as a user of MotorData System, i.e. your name, company name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Utilize "cookies", and other tracking technologies, that may record information such as Internet domain and host names, internet protocol (IP) addresses, Operating Systems, browser software, and time frames of when the site is accessed.
- Record activities in connection with the MotorData System, such as requests for files, time of requests, and the IP address of the machine requesting the file.
- Collect Data files, including without limitation to the content of such files, including without limitation to text and images, that you upload and process through the Site and Services.
How We Might Use Information We Collect
Generally, MotorData uses the information we collect to enable the operation of and improve our system, better meet customer needs, comply with applicable laws, and protect the rights of MotorData, its users, and the public. For instance, we may use the information collected by MotorData,
- To record, support, and facilitate your participation in the activities you select and to prevent fraud and unlawful use.
- To track customer preferences, to provide a customized Website experience,
- To keep you informed about product upgrades, special offers, and other products and services of MotorData unless such communications are prohibited by law or you have chosen not to receive such e-mail messages from MotorData. You may remove your e-mail address from MotorData’s mailing list at any time.
- To make the MotorData System, easier to use by enabling the eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information.
- To perform market research and analysis, and towards the improvement of our products, services, and technologies.
- To enable the customization of content and advertising.
- To analyze trends relating to usage of the MotorData System, administer the site, track site movement, and gather non-individually identifying demographic information.
- To respond to inquiries, such as to supply requested information on MotorData products and services.
- To protect and defend our rights and property, our services and/or users of our services, including the enforcement of our agreements or policies governing your use of the services.
- To enforce the EULA with respect to the MotorData System (including investigation of potential violations thereof).
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- To act on a good faith belief that such access or disclosure that it is legally required.
- To act on a good faith belief that it is necessary to protect the personal safety of MotorData employees, customers or the public.
- To maintain accurate records of users of the MotorData System.
Information that is collected may also be disclosed to MotorData’s partners, and/or third parties, such as contractors or service providers, in connection with the operation of the MotorData System (i.e. such as for processing payment).
Additionally, the Website pages may include social media plugins. Usage of these plugins may allow social media services to use information about your browsing behaviour.
Our Mutual Responsibilities With Regarding To Your Information
MotorData is committed to protecting personal information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access and destruction. MotorData takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of personally identifiable information. The personal information that you provide in connection with registering yourself as a user of the Website or of the MotorData System is classified as Registration Information. Registration Information is protected in several ways. Access by you to your Registration Information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. In addition, your Registration Information resides on secure servers that only selected MotorData personnel. MotorData encrypts your personal information as it is transferred to MotorData and thereby strives to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information. We strive to limit our use of information that we collect as set forth herein.
MotorData cannot control what information you choose to upload, or your handling or treatment of your information. Therefore, you must exercise sound judgment with regard to what information you choose to upload, including without limitation to forming your own assessments as to the propriety, risks and sensitivities with regard to the information you transmit. You are also encouraged to take steps to secure your information, such as not divulging your password to others.
By your use of MotorData System, you agree that MotorData will have no liability to you or any other party in connection with the information that you provide or is collected by MotorData, including with limitation to any damages that may result from the handling or treatment of such information, and the disclosure or misuse of your information by third parties. You voluntarily and fully assume the risks for all consequences that relate to any and all information that you choose to upload or transfer. MotorData assumes no obligation to ensure confidentiality or privacy of your information.
Location of Servers for the Site and Services
Your information may be stored and processed in any country in which MotorData maintains facilities. In this regard, or for purposes of sharing or disclosing, MotorData reserves the right to transfer information outside of your country. By using the Services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country, for the purpose of enabling you to use the MotorData System. If MotorData or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information of the MotorData System users will generally be one of the transferred business assets. We reserve the right to include your personal information, collected as an asset, in any such transfer to a third party. MotorData, alone, has the right and sole discretion, to determine the location of the servers of the Site and Services.
The MotorData website may contain links to other sites. We do not endorse or otherwise accept responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those sites.